Today I am going to do this a bit different than usual. But I am going to give you a quick life update and I am going to evaluate my New Year goals.
As for the life update, I am doing better. My therapy has started and I am really motivated to do it and work on it, so that is going great so far. And I have also decided to take a half year pause from college, to work on myself. I don’t know if I had already told you about this, but that is happening. The idea that I had to start with college again after summer break made me so anxious that I could take rest, so decided to get some more rest. Everything is taken care off, so I can completely start my recovery right now.
That was the life update, now on to the evaluation of my New Year goals. Spoilers, I failed almost everything.
- My Goodreads reading goal for 2017 will be 75 books. I won’t be pushing myself to read that many if I don’t have the time to do it, because the first half of 2017 will be very busy.
I am ahead of my reading challenge! So first I am going to try and complete this reading challenge and then if I am finished it, I am going to change my Goodreads reading goal to 100.
- Cut down my TBR. Right now I have a little less than 100 books I already own, so I want to get that down to at least 50 books (of course less would be greater).
I still need to work on this.
- Read more diverse books.
I am working on it. I have bought some divers books lately.
- Book buying restriction
Ha…Ha…Ha… What was I thinking these past few months? So I have bought a lot of books in these past few months and I personally think it is also because of my mental health, but still. Bad Debbie! I am still going to try to restrict myself. I am not going to buy any book in my Summer Break. And when that is over I can buy a book once I have finished a series (since I need to finish a lot of them).
- Write a short story each month and post it on my blog.
Oops… That didn’t happen, but I am still going to continue this goal and giving you every short story I owe you. So be prepared for that.
- Finish my first book (which I am not planning to publish, I am writing it to develop myself as a writer)
Right now I am not focusing on writing a book but two novellas. I think I will be participating in NaNoWriMo again this year, so that will be a great opportunity to write my first book.
- Finishing the two fanfictions which are currently ongoing
I haven’t written any word for these two fanfictions, but as you have seen in my Writing Goals post, I am planning on writing 6 chapters of each in the summer.
- Keeping up with my schedule (every Sunday and Wednesday). I noticed that I am slacking lately when it comes to this, so I am going to work on this.
Nope didn’t happen. But I am planning on going back to it and I have included 1 more day with it, the Saturday.
- Posting on Instagram at least once a week.
- Dedicate one day of the week to writing my blog posts, and commenting and getting to know other people.
Well I wasn’t good at keeping my goals, but because of the situation which I am in, I am not going to be mad at myself or punish myself. I am just going to try to complete them the next few months. And I am going to add a few more goals to this.
- Finish 10 NetGalley reviews. I have recently created my own NetGalley account, so I am going to set a goal for that as well. Currently I am on 2 NetGalley (maybe 3) reviews.
- Start my own BookTube channel. I have been wanting to do this ever since I found BookTube and since I have more time right now and because I want to stimulate myself to do stuff I really want to do and would really enjoy, I am just going to do it.
Question: I also want to make new headers for my posts. Do you know any free programs or sites I could use for that?
So how are you doing on your New Year’s Resolution? Have you set new goals for yourself as well?